EngAGE creates community and changes lives by transforming affordable senior and multigenerational housing projects into vibrant centers of learning, wellness, and creativity.
By delivering life-enhancing, tailored programming in well-being, the arts, lifelong learning and intergenerational opportunities, seniors and others are enabled to use their acquired skills in real-world ways to gain enrichment and mastery. Through our programs, participants experience the empowerment of intellectual and creative engagement, and improve their health at the same time. We have chosen housing as our platform to deliver programs that fully engage residents and provide them with dynamic intellectual and creative challenges as well as a healthy sense of self-fulfillment, value, and community, all at no cost to the participants.
The EngAGE mission is to empower people – intellectually, creatively, and emotionally – to do what they do best for the rest of their lives. Where others see a problem, we see potential. Where loss, decline, or deficit are perceived, we see opportunity and capacity.
- Accurately assess wellness on the basis of growth rather than deficits, dispelling ageism
- Create avenues of exploration and discovery through the arts and creativity
- Sustain independent living through sense of purpose, social connectivity and engagement
- Enhance a wellness model of cognitive and psycho-social health, which ultimately informs physical health
- Provide a variety of onsite instruction in arts, education and wellness
- Provide onsite focus groups to determine participant experience and interests
- Maintain a comprehensive and consistent curriculum with tailored options for skill-building, learning
- Cultivate the progression of skill building to advanced stages and to mastery
- Recognize and honor participant accomplishments with culminating social events
- Develop new and continuing partnerships with the larger community in the effort to provide additional resources for residents, including volunteering.